Image Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

the shoe | margaret howell

I've been a fan of Margaret Howell for a long while now. She's one of the designers whose truly perfected the women-wearing-men's-clothing phenomenon. In the early 70s Howell was tailoring men's shirts to her own designs. She recently released a photo series entitled the shoe . I really like the contrast of the fashion photos with the images of the actual construction of each individual piece of footwear. They work so perfectly together and force you to appreciate the work put into each shoe, pretty darn snazzy.

Also just a little fun fact; Margaret Howell has seven outlets in the UK (its native country) but a whopping ninety in Japan.

Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!
Photo of a big bunny  rabbit!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, I've really enjoyed them!
    www.articoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. I have a soft spot for "manly" shoes :) Love your blog by the way - it's really lovely and inspiring.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete